Regional delivery by Weylandts.
4 - 14 days.
A modern re-work of the classic Riempie bench, the Spindle features warming textiles that add another layer of texture to a space. Inspired by nature to create an impactful statement, this bench is handcrafted from teak wood with a handwoven Kubu peel seat.
Show Care Instructions
Leather is a natural material characterised by its unique tone and the individual markings the animal acquired during its life.
These characteristics may include creases, stretchmarks, scars, insect bites, as well as brand marks. Different sections of the hide will also have differences in colour and grain.
Important to note:
These are not product defects. We do not hide or cover up these marks but choose to celebrate the unique qualities of each hide.
Leather will wear and stretch with use. The larger the panel of leather, the more pronounced this stretch will be. It will show up as wrinkles or dents on the surface of the product.
Regular use will affect the appearance and colour of the leather. Over time, it will develop its own unique patina.
How to care for LEATHER:
• Do not use artificial heat or harsh sunlight to dry leather furniture. This will cause the leather to become dry and crack.
• Our leathers do not require any hide food.
Rattan, Cane, Kubu
Important to note: Inherent variations in the rattan, as well as variations resulting from the handweaving process, are to be expected and celebrated. Each item is unique and no two will be exactly alike.
How to care for RATTAN, CANE, and KUBU:
• Gently wipe with a clean, dry cloth to remove dirt and stains. Wipe spills immediately and dry the surface with a clean, dry cloth.
• For corners and crevices, brush gently or use a vacuum.
• If cracks appear, apply linseed oil to hydrate the material.
• Rattan will discolour and become brittle when exposed to sun and heat.
• Rain and water will cause it to discolour and warp.
• If placed outside, it will need to be under cover
Teak, Aged Teak
Teak has an abundance of natural oils, making it durable and suitable for outdoor conditions.
Important to note: Continued exposure to sun and rain will turn the timber a beautiful, silver-grey patina. This weathering process will happen quite quickly once the teak product is placed outside. However, within a couple of months, the timber should settle and stabilise.
Avoid placing teak tables directly on carpets. The natural oils can cause damage and stains to the carpet fibre.
How to care for TEAK finishes:
• Sponge product with the foam of a water-and-dish-washing-liquid mixture. Over time, the wood will absorb more of the soap making the timber repellent to marks. This treatment does not guarantee against stains.
• Avoid letting water stand on the surface of teak furniture.